[Deutscher Titel: Englischsprachige Studientour: Lernen Sie von den deutschen Champions im Wissensmanagement! (Text übersetzen: Deutsch)]
Visit & Meet the German KM Champions – First KM Study Tour: 1 to 5 December 2008
- including Siemens, Airbus, Atlas Electronik, Blaupunkt-BOSCH Group, Schaeffler Group in Germany.
The study tour is deferred!!!
New date: 26.-30. April 2008
Join this very unique opportunity to participate in a Study Tour with like minded people and to visit and learn from the winners of the German Knowledge Management of the Year Awards and other best practice Knowledge Management / Innovative organisations in Germany.
This first Study Tour regarding Knowledge Management in Germany is structured for your choice of participation where you can attend one day, some days or all days.
We have some very interesting host companies together. We will start with a company (Atlas Electronik German KM of Year 2003) which has 10 years experience in KM and with the Head of KM who has experienced the ups and downs, the hype and the delusion of KM in his own company, ‘surviving’ different managers with different attitudes towards KM. He will share these KM life cycle experiences with us including human-centred knowledge products to capture and secure knowledge from experts who may be leaving the organisation and an IT-based semantic knowledge map.
Furthermore, we have another company which presents a very interesting example of inter-organisational KM in the small business environment which counts for more than 90 % of all German businesses. We have also secured a public administration organisation practicing KM and knowledge transfer world-wide in very different cultures. Another company from the energy sector is a pioneer and leader in applying “Intellectual Capital” statements – Made in Germany to monitor and manage the intangible assets. More than 25 IC-Reports have been implemented throughout the corporation since 2005. There are a further two KM examples coming from German automotive suppliers which are world leaders in their sectors, plus the giants Airbus, Siemens and Volkswagen.
Last but by no means least we will have an exchange with members of the German Association of Knowledge Management and representatives from the German Government, the latter of which is promoting KM for the small and medium-sized businesses in Germany
There will also be social activities such as a visit to German Christmas Market and a traditional German Dinner in the historic German City of Knowledge, Gottingen.
We believe this is the first International KM Study Tour of its kind in Germany and a unique opportunity for you to take part in a KM visiting program which will be responsive to your particular needs.
You will be guided by
- Dr. Peter Heisig, European KM expert from Berlin and Cambridge University;
- Terry Pilcher, UK Management Best Practice & Benchmarking expert Director of BSC Management Services and
- Bruce Searles, Australasian / Asia ? Pacific Benchmarking & Study Tour professional co-owner of Benchmarking Partnerships.
Who should attend?
Knowledge Managers, Senior & Line Managers, Knowledge Workers, Information and Innovation Managers, Business Excellence facilitators.
Your learning outcomes
- strategy for Knowledge Management
- linking KM strategy to the organisational strategy
- how to get started in KM
- KM and Innovation
- what the Champions do
- how they do it
- how they sustain the effort and the benefits
- how the KM strategies are deployed to make sure they work well throughout the organisation
- benefits from KM – financial and other
- what the champions have recently improved re KM
- what the champions propose to improve next
- mistakes in the KM journey how they fixed them
Benefits for delegates
- Learn about the BEST PRACTICES
- Participate in ‘Think-tank’ leadership discussions
- Network formally and informally with new friends on the tour from other learning
- Comprehensive study tour manual for all delegates
- Receive Memory Jogger Notes of the proceedings
- Delegate and speaker contact list provided
- Learn about what you need to know as well as about what you didn’t know you needed to know
- Action Planning session to help you commence implementation of your learnings
For futhter information (tenative program, guest speakers) and to register go to the website of the event.
© Benchmarking Partnerships, Eureki