[Deutscher Titel: [Konferenz] Aufruf für Artikel-Beiträge: Knowledge Networking in ICT Era, Januar 2009, Chennai, Indien (Text übersetzen: Deutsch)]
International Conference on Knowledge Networking in ICT Era, January 22 – 24, 2009, Vandalur, India
Last date for submission of abstracts: 30.09.2008
Jointly Organized by
- Central Library B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College &
- Society for the Advancement of Library & Information Science
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The revolution of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) across the globe made tremendous changes in all sections of the society. It also made a significant impact on the global knowledge economy, which reduced the gab between the information rich and poor and digital divide.
Social Networking is one of the emerging web technologies for collaborative social network services. Second-generation web technologies such as WEB 2.0, wikis, weblogs, podcosts, RSS feeds, LIB 2.0, social software provide opportunities for the researchers and technologists to create new community, partnerships between industries, academics and other institutions for knowledge creation and sharing.
Libraries/Information and Knowledge Management Centres exploit the new technologies for information processing, storage and retrieval, knowledge storage and dissemination, creating collaborative tools, designing user-friendly interfaces to provide customized services to the end users. These new tools facilitate for global partnership, networking of institutions for knowledge creation, preservation and sharing. Libraries and Knowledge centres are at the forefront of experimenting and implementing the new technologies for providing information to the people. Professionals need constant updating skills to manage knowledge resources in the changing environments. Information professionals need to enhance their capabilities and demonstrate their skills to manage the emerging technologies to provide information services to the end users.
The B. S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College, India in association with SALIS (Society for the Advancement of Library & Information Science) organising this International conference to bring the IT sector, Academics and LIS professionals together for collaborative networks for knowledge creation and sharing for mutual benefits.
The objectives of the conference are:
- To discuss, understand, develop and implement emerging ICT tools and techniques for information management, bridging the digital divide for social empowerment.
- To discuss, adapt and develop interactive applications using next generation web technologies for social networking and knowledge creation and sharing.
- To discuss and understand, plan, initiate and implement Knowledge Management practices and strategies in different types of organization for knowledge sharing.
- To design, develop and implement interactive user interfaces and applications using new web tools and services for collaborative information services.
- To promote ICT, Information Literacy, HR skills and to empower students, professionals and communities to meet the challenges in the changing environment in the ICT era.
- To bring the technologists, academics, intermediates and the end users together to discuss and implement innovative technologies for collaborative global partnership and networking among institutions.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Articles/papers are invited for presentation in the following themes (but not limited to) in conformance with the main theme. Original case studies, research, new ideas, innovations and reports on good practices will be given preference for presentation and publication.
Main Themes and Sub-Themes
- ICT: Next Generation Knowledge Networks, ICT – New tools, Internet Technology and Applications, Mobile Networks & Services, Taking ICT to rural place, Future ICT technologies, Access, Security and Network Technology, etc.
- Emerging Web Technologies: Wikis-WEB 2.0-LIB 2.0, RSS Feed, Web Blog, Podcasting, Ajax -CSS-Mashup, Interactive web applications using WEB 2.0 for information activities, etc.
Information Systems and Next generation Search engines: Information system: Processing, Management and Applications, Next generation search engines, Text mining- Data Mining, etc.
Content Creation and Management: Standards – tools & techniques, e-Publishing, Site management, etc.
- Technology Enhanced E-learning – Virtual Learning Environment: Learning Management Systems (LMS), Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)), Components – Tools and Techniques for e-learning, Module- features – applications, Designing and Implementation of Web based Online Courses, etc.
- Knowledge Management (KM): KM: initiatives – Practices – Strategies – Vision, Cultural change in an Organisaiton. Business Process Reengineering, Implementation of KM in Software and corporate offices, etc.
- Digital Library (DL) of the future: Design- Methodology-Standards- innovations -Requirements- Implementation, Open Access Initiatives (OAI)-Protocols and Standards, Institutional Repositories / Archives, e-Resources, Semantic Web- Ontology, etc.
Next generation Library Interfaces: New Web tools and techniques for information services, Global resource sharing, Redefining Library services, Creating LIB 2.0 applications using WEB 2.0, Electronic Document Delivery services, etc.
- Security Systems and Implementation: RFID- Antenna- Reader- Standards, Smart card-Biometrics, Wireless networks-Mobile applications, Implementation – problems and solutions, etc.
- ICT/Information Literacy: Standards and Models, IL Skill and assessment, early literacy and life long learning, Outreach programmes for capacity building, etc.
IPR and copyrights in the networked environment: IPR and copyrights, Information ethics, ICT ethics, privacy, Security, etc.
- Capacity Building Initiatives and Strategies: Human Resources Development and Management, ICT Skill Development for the new environment, Leadership Skill-Soft Skills, Customer Service Management, Managing Information/Knowledge centers in changing environment, etc.
- Last date for submission of abstracts: 30.09.2008
- Intimation of selection by the organizers: 30.10.2008
- Last date for submission of full paper: 30.11.2008
For more information go to the website of the conference.