[Deutscher Titel: [Conference] Aufruf für Artikel-Beiträge: Australasian Workshop on Health Informatics and Knowledge Management, Januar 2009, Wellington, Neuseeland (Text übersetzen: Deutsch)]
HIKM 2009 – Australasian Workshop on Health Informatics and Knowledge Management, 20 Jan 2009, Wellington, New Zealand
Submission of Full Papers: 7 September, 2008
Part of ACSW 2009
This workshop is being run as part of ACSW 2009, hosted by MSCS.
Although information and communications technology has enormous potential for transforming our health care delivery systems, managing health and medical data in electronic format also brings significant challenges that have to be resolved. These include how to store the large amount of complex and diverse data; how to facilitate information retrieval by diverse stakeholders with different objectives; balancing data privacy concerns against clinical and research benefits of data availability; and how to ensure that the captured data will effectively transfer into knowledge that facilitates healthcare decision making and service planning.
ACSW invites contributions addressing current research topics in health informatics and knowledge management. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- conceptual models for health IT systems
- architecture of health information systems
- privacy protection
- security for health systems
- health data quality-improving the use and quality of data collections
- health information modelling
- workflow management
- decision support systems
- health information retrieval, analysis, visualization and prediction
- health knowledge discovery
- health knowledge representation and retrieval
- health schema and data integration
- modelling spatial, temporal and biological data for health purposes
- systems for integrated/coordinated care
- population health surveillance
- health consumer information systems
Submission of papers for peer-review
The workshop invites papers describing original contributions in all fields of health data and knowledge management and discovery and related areas. Papers should be no more than 8 pages in length conforming to the formatting instructions for the series Conferences in Research and Practice in Information Technology. Complete instructions for authors regarding formatting procedures can be found at the CRPIT website http://crpit.com (Instructions are available in section Procedures and Resources for Authors).
Each paper will be judged on its originality, significance, technical quality, relevance to the workshop and presentation.
Submission of a paper should be regarded as an undertaking that, should the paper be accepted, at least one author will attend the conference to present the work.
Submissions should be emailed in PDF format only to firstname.lastname@example.org by the due date below.
The proceedings of the conference will be published by the Australian Computer Society as part of Conferences in Research and Practice in Information Technology series (CRPIT), which is also held in full-text on the ACM Digital Library. Each paper will be fully refereed. In addition, the authors from the workshop will be invited to extend their papers for possible inclusion in the electronic Journal of Health Informatics.
- Submission of Full Papers: 7 September, 2008
- Notification of authors: 3 November, 2008
- Camera Ready: 24 November, 2008
- ACSW Workshop: January 20 – January 23, 2009
For more information go to the workshop website.